Armed Security Officer
Valentis Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized security firm that prides itself in providing comprehensive, high-quality security services to a variety of clients and prides itself in meeting the highest of industry standards. Join our team today!
We are currently hiring a full-time Armed Security Officer (ASO) in the Titusville, Pennsylvania area. This position requires applicants to be ACT 235 licensed.
We believe that our ongoing success depends upon a skilled, satisfied, and valued workforce. As a member of our team, you can expect opportunities to develop your skills to help you excel in your role and achieve your professional career goals. Our inclusive culture encourages all employees to share ideas and contribute to the values that make us a winning team for our clients and communities. Employees are provided an opportunity to work in a range of industries such as Community Housing, Commercial Sites, Private Venues, Government and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobile, foot, and static post assignments may be required depending on the specific site requirements to ensure the safety and security of the client, their staff, and the community.
- Proactively engages in security performance duties for maximum visibility and threat deterrence.
- Actively seeks and engages in learning and development opportunities to ensure peak performance by completing and/or demonstrating the following:
- Applies newly learned knowledge and skills on the job.
- Shares information to others that may benefit from his/her expertise.
- Seeks coaching and feedback to ensure high performance.
- Composes, files, organizes, and maintains documents, forms, reports, and other related information as needed.
- Accomplishes specific work tasks on site to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of duty assignment.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Exhibits the ability to professionally interact with all individuals in a courteous manner, and is able to de-escalate potentially unsafe, hostile situations.
- Performs tasks, which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- Maintains a suitable work location environment (i.e., office, vehicle, post) and general orderliness.
- Applicants must possess a valid permit/license required by the state in which the employee is employed, and successfully complete a background investigation.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, or the ability to access public transportation to ensure regular and predictable on-time attendance.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) or more years of armed security level work experience is desired.
- Prior experience in law enforcement, military, or the security industry is a plus.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, and write effective, concise, and legible reports.
- Applicant will be required to travel to Pittsburgh for training.
Valentis Group, Inc. offers rewarding career opportunities and competitive wages. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, or protected veteran status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity