Business Development Manager
(Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia)
Valentis Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized security firm that prides itself in providing comprehensive, high-quality security services to a variety of clients and prides itself in meeting the highest of industry standards.
We are currently hiring for a Business Development Manager for performance of duties in the contracted armed security market in our Region One area (Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Virginia). The Business Development Manager is permitted to set their own schedule consistent with the ongoing needs of this position. The ideal candidate should live within a relative travel distance to Pittsburgh, PA, however, at a minimum, shall reside in our Region One area. The Business Development Manager position is ideal for those with an entrepreneurial spirit, who are energetic and goal-oriented sales professionals.
We believe that our ongoing success depends upon a skilled, satisfied, and valued workforce. As a member of our team, you can expect opportunities to develop your skills to help you excel in your role and achieve your professional career goals. Our inclusive culture encourages all employees to share ideas and contribute to the values that make us a winning team for our clients and communities.
The Business Development Manager is responsible to generate revenue in new market lines, as well as continued support and growth in current areas of business. Responsibilities include managing internal and external customer calls, preparing correspondence, supporting meetings, handling and/or assigning inbound marketing demands, and oversight of account-based sales. In addition, this individual will coordinate work with other divisions of the company, respond to various inquiries for information, and report pertinent information to Executive Management. Initially, this position is part-time at twenty-five hours per week, but may likely evolve into full-time. Company benefits provided.
The compensation package for this position consists of a base salary plus commission on the total contract award(s) for the contract’s duration. In addition to the general responsibilities of this position, other factors impacting earnings include the industry, the geographic location of the job, and the employee’s level of experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and nurture both self-generated and company-provided leads.
- Conduct cold calls to establish face-to-face appointments and determine prospect qualifications.
- Building rapport with prospects and transitioning "cold" inquiries over time into "warm" responsive prospects.
- Utilize consultative sales techniques in customer development situations.
- Sales presentations to prospects.
- Preparation of timely and accurate solution proposals.
- Researching prospective accounts in target markets.
- Pursuing leads and moving them through the sales cycle.
- Developing quotes and proposals for prospective clients.
- Setting goals and developing plans for business and revenue growth.
- Researching, planning, and implementing new target market initiatives.
- Setting goals for the business development team and developing strategies to meet those goals.
- Training business development staff.
- Attending conferences and industry events.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from clients, other company personnel, etc., within given time frames and established policy.
- Actively seeks and engages in learning and development opportunities to ensure peak performance by completing and/or demonstrating the following:
- Applies newly learned knowledge and skills on the job.
- Shares information with others that may benefit from his/her expertise.
- Seeks coaching and feedback to ensure high performance.
- Types letters, correspondence, reports, memos, and other relevant documents.
- Files, organizes, and maintains documents, forms, reports, and other related information.
- Coordinates specific work tasks within the office, as well as with other areas of the company, in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Researches information and prepares special reports as directed by Management.
- Assembles data as necessary to answer correspondence; composes, types, and signs some standard letters of reply within the scope of authority; creates, edits, and/or assembles information for presentations, meetings, and trainings.
- Coordinates and manages schedule; manage requests for appointments; prioritizes based on the situation.
- Performs tasks, which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Education & Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related sales contract development position.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver's license.
- A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in business curriculum.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint).
- Applicant will be required to travel to Pittsburgh for training.
Communication skills with clients of all backgrounds and educational levels; Well-developed written and verbal communication skills; Strong Organizational skills; Highly organized; Excellent Time-management skills. Business development managers must understand how to prioritize their time, be comfortable managing a calendar and adjusting their schedule as needed. Advanced Technical and computer skills, drive, and self-motivation are strong values. The most successful business development managers are goal-oriented and commission-driven. Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations; proficient typing skills; moderate composition skills; ability to operate word processing equipment and/or sufficient knowledge to use word processing software; knowledge of various office machines; working knowledge of services, along with the operational policies and procedures that impact these services; ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach with hands or arms, use hands to manipulate objects, handle or feel, and lift items weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Valentis Group, Inc. offers rewarding career opportunities and competitive wages. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, or protected veteran status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities; Sexual Orientation; Gender Identity